Well-known for its laid-back atmosphere and sunny beaches, Honolulu’s environment is perfect for any visitor longing for a good vacation. However, for a good vacation one needs to know about city’s useful travel tips for exploring it smartly, without wasting time and money.
1. If you are a first-time visitor, then head to Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau at the Waikiki Business Plaza, as it provides all the information about the Hawaiian Islands.
2. Don’t forget to experience the local art of the hula, as it will let you have a subtle taste of Hawaiian culture.
3. Savor Helena’s Hawaiian Food at downtown Honolulu; serving classic local food since 1946. Try Hawaiian-style short ribs, lomi salmon, lau lau and kalua pig.
4. The best way to have the panoramic views of Kailua beach, Lanikai beach and the Mokulua Islands is by taking a Kaiwa Ridge Trail.
5. It is always significant to blend generously with the locals to have a gala-time in whatever the place or country it might be.
6. Waimanalo Beach Park offers relaxing sunshine thrills and is also great for picnic with friends and family as it offers a lot of shade beneath the abundant ironwood trees.
7. Rent a car as it is the best way to experience Honolulu at its fullest. If you are on a budgeted tour, you may also opt for public transport including buses, shuttles and trains.
8. Best time to visit Honolulu is between October to April, as during this time you ca have close encounters with the legendary humpback whales. Book your flights to Honolulu for break from your daily monotonous life.